Oct 19, 2013

When the mice are away

Usually the saying is "When the cat's away, the mice will play." Have you ever wondered where the cat went? I have no idea. I'm asking. But I bet wherever she went, it was a moment of respite from chasing mice all day. I bet whatever she did involved no cheese and no running. I'm guessing she slept.

I'm sure my mice at home are having a great time. They went to a movie night at church last night and Brynna got to wear her pajamas - the joyous highlight of her week. (Oh, to be 4!) Neither one of them can sit still for 3 minutes, so I'm sure whatever they do today will include lots of moving and doing. I, on the other hand, just sat on the bed of my hotel room reading/writing for 2 hours. I don't even care that I woke up at 5am. I didn't move because I didn't want to! I even ordered room service (don't tell David) just so someone would bring me breakfast instead of the other way around. At one point I flipped on the TV, the first thing I saw was animated, and immediately turned it off. (And threw the remote for good measure.) I could literally stare at a wall if it promises not to talk back or ask for chocolate milk.

No cheese. No running. Not this weekend. When the mice are away, the cat...naps.

Get it? Sorry. I couldn't resist.
But seriously. I plan to nap at least twice today.

No comments:

ShareThis