Oct 30, 2013

If I had my way...

...I would have married the boy who broke my heart
          and I would have missed the man who has made me a better person.

...I would have taken that job
          and missed my calling.

...I would have bought the Coach bag
          and missed out on the Louis Vuitton he saved for.

...I would have taken the easy way
          and not have the wisdom of someone whose road has been bumpy.

...I would have picked the lighter burden
          and not be strong.

...I would have taken away her pain
          and people would have missed seeing her praise You through it.

...I would never have shared my secret
          and You never would have taken away the shame.

...I wouldn't have let a baby be sick
          and we would have missed seeing You heal her.

...I would have never been a stay at home mom
          and I would have missed her first step.
          and I wouldn't have been there to pick her up when she fell off her bike.
          and I wouldn't know the source of every scratch, bruise and smile.
          and I would have missed the first day.
          and I wouldn't have been able to hold her for as long as it took.
          and I would have missed the look on her face when she finally figured out how to tie her shoe.
          and I wouldn't have read to her class.
          and I wouldn't know the words to every made up song.
          and I wouldn't have danced in bubbles.
          and she wouldn't see that I love You enough to obey no matter what.

...I would have done it differently

I'm so glad You are God and I am not. 

No comments:

ShareThis