Feb 25, 2013

A Place to Call Home

As Brynna and I walked through the mall one day recently, the Phillip Phillips song "Home" began to play. BG was skipping ahead of me and when she heard the music, she stopped and turned to me. The biggest smile spread across her face, and she said, "Mama, I think this is our song." I know she's only three and there's a part of her that merely recognized a familiar song. But it's a song she and her daddy dance to, so it'd be more fitting that she associated it with him. That moment will forever stay with with me, and that song will most certainly be ours. The song says:
     Settle down, it'll all be clear 
     Don't pay no mind to the demons 
     They fill you with fear 
     The trouble it might drag you down 
     If you get lost, you can always be found 
     Just know you’re not alone 
     Cause I’m going to make this place your home 



My arms will always be a place that, no matter how lost she feels, she can be found. 
I pray she always knows she's not alone. My heart will always be a place for her to call home. 

No comments:

ShareThis