Feb 6, 2013

A Brother and a Sister

Today is one of my favorite days of the year.

It's the day my brother was born which changed my whole world because it meant that growing up, no matter who didn't like me, what happened at school or how alone I felt at summer camp, I had a friend. Oh, we fought at times like siblings do. But it was always short-lived and we were much more often on the same team than opposite sides. Ryan is married, he owns a house and manages employees at work. But although the rest of the world sees him as a grown man, he will always be my little brother. And I will always be grateful for the day God gave him to me.



Today is also my sister-friend's birthday. I wasn't there for the day she was born, but the day I met her changed my whole world all over again. Brandy is the flip side of my coin. She can finish my sentences even though she lives thousands of miles away. Just about every memory I have from age 14 to now, she's there - in the forefront, the background or right beside me. She's there. For the good, the bad and the ugly...she's there. And I'm here. And I'm so blessed to call her my family.


No comments:

ShareThis