Jan 27, 2013

Some Days

Maybe it's just me, but...Some days I don't want to be "The Mom." Some days I don't feel like being the one to hold everyone else together. Some days I feel like falling apart myself.

Some days...
I don't want to learn anymore.
I don't want to grow.
I don't want to mature.
I don't want to gain more wisdom.
I don't want to smile.
I don't want to be a cheerleader.
I don't want to say it's ok.
I don't want to pretend.
I don't want to put on a happy face.
I don't want to make the house look pretty.
I don't want to clean the dishes.
I don't want to do the laundry.
I don't want to cook.
I don't want to work puzzles.
I don't want to color.
I don't want to be the bigger person.
I don't want to clean up your mess.
I don't want to wipe your ___________. (boogers, butt or otherwise)
I just don't want to.

Thankfully, today isn't one of those days for me, but I have them. Some days you just don't want to. Some days you want to be like everyone else in the house and throw a tantrum and stomp your feet. You need someone to pick you up like you do for them. And that's ok.

Some days.

No comments:

ShareThis