Jun 21, 2011

Water


After what feels like 3 steady months of rain in DC, I am ready to say that I never care to see a drop of water again.  But even I have to admit there’s so much more to water than rain…

Water holds memories
Water is an ocean that separates my sister from me.
Water is the lake – the first place my family gathers when we’re all together.
Water is pool parties – whether the pool is in-ground, kiddie or a puddle just right for splashing.

Water holds smiles
Water floods my bathroom sink when a certain 3 ft. blonde person tries to wash her hands.
Water cleans play doh off my kitchen cabinets.
Water begs for muddy rain boots and a polka-dotted rain jacket (in Brynna’s opinion).
Water longs for solitude, a soft blanket and a good book (in my opinion).

Water holds my future
Water is the analogy Jesus used to show the world how much He loves me. 
Water is where I went under an imperfect person completely helpless to save myself.
Water is where I emerged at peace, forgiven and free.

People think they make vessels to hold water.  Water holds far more than we could build a vessel to hold.

1 comment:

David said...

Deep thoughts by Regina Johnston

ShareThis