Jun 30, 2011

SOOC

A while ago, I started a weekly challenge with a group of photographers. It proved difficult at times to relate in words what you can capture in pictures. This was one of those times.

It stumped me.  In the interest of full disclosure, I had to look it up.  I'm not a photographer and had never heard the term SOOC.  For those of you like me, SOOC means "straight out of the camera" and is a term used for photos that have not been enhanced or manipulated in any way - they look just as they did in the moment. (If I'm the only one who didn't know that, well...keep that to yourself.)

Today I had some calls to make for work.  I sat on the floor with my computer while Brynna colored and played with stickers next to me.  Suddenly, just as I hung up the phone making an appointment to show a house, I got a blow to the back.  I've never used the Photo Booth feature on my Mac, but I quickly clicked it on.  Had the homeowner been able to see through my computer, this is what he would have seen...




The perfect snapshot of us - who we are when no one is looking.  I'm guessing that's what is so special about SOOC in the photo world - when you are able to capture an image that needs no tweaking but is the exact representation of what you saw.  In my world, it means you are comfortable in your own skin.  You are content with who and where you are.  Some realtors make showing appointments from the comfort of an office with a Starbucks in their hand.  I do so on the floor while simultaneously coloring Minnie Mouse with my free hand.

So "straight out of the camera," this is what life looks like when you're working...and a mom.

2 comments:

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

aaack! Luv em...what i would have given to have captured them myself :) in connection - these are perfection! luv!

brandy said...

you two look like you're having a blast! very sweet.

ShareThis