Dec 23, 2013

The Difference

The difference is not that that I live in a different state.
The difference is not that Texas is better.
The difference is not that we struggled.
The difference is not that my friendships took on new meaning.
The difference is not that Jesus is more present in one place over another.
The difference is not that there's another baby to love.
The difference is not that my daughter knows more people.

The difference is that I am different.

The difference is that I live where my family is.
The difference is that Texas is mine.
The difference is that we made it through.
The difference is that I've learned what it is to miss friends, so I savor every moment with them.
The difference is that Jesus met me in my darkest place in this place.
The difference is that we prayed and waited for Faith and now she's here lighting up our lives.
The different is that my daughter knows the people who loved her before she was born.

The difference is that I am different.

The difference is that I'm grateful for the time living somewhere else.
The difference is that Texas was my springboard.
The difference is that we can go anywhere if we go together.
The difference is that I don't take for granted one lunch, visit or conversation - with anyone.
The difference is that now Jesus uses me to meet other girls in their dark places.
The difference is that I get to not just see her, but hold, talk to and snuggle with Faith.
The difference is that my daughter loves people differently because I've learned to love differently.

The difference is that because I am different, everything's different.

If things change but you don't change, nothing changes.
If things are different because you are different, nothing will ever be the same.
That's the difference.

No comments:

ShareThis