Aug 15, 2012

Who I'm Not

I'm not a graphic designer (as is CLEARLY evidenced by the mess I've made of my blog).
I'm not a "mommy."  I don't enjoy play dates, finger painting or spending hours on end at the park.
I'm not early.  I've made great efforts to change and am now not (usually) late, but don't push your luck.
I'm not comfortable underdressed.  No, they aren't always "comfortable."  Yes, I'd rather wear heels.
I'm not good at halfway.  Loving, sharing, giving, writing...I go all in or I don't go.
I'm not perfect.  At all.

And that brings me to who I am.

I am a perfectionist.  I want it to be "just right," but let's face it.  Life is never "just right." If it were, my sofa wouldn't have mini M&M stains from yesterday's snack gone awry.
I am an all-or-nothing girl and unfortunately, this coupled with my perfectionist streak sometimes means I'm a big-plans-but-didn't-get-it-done girl.
I'm a writer.  I love it.  It's what God called me to do.  But I love it so much that I want it to be perfect (are you seeing a trend here?), and when it's not or I don't have time to really focus, I go into writing hibernation.  That's where I've been for...well, let's not get side-tracked with dates.
I'm an open book.  I have always shared my whole heart - the pain, the hurt, the joy and the triumph - in hopes that you would read my story and skip some painful parts yourself by learning from my mistakes.
I am the daughter of a perfect God.  I promised Him I'd share my stories and He promised they don't have to be perfect.  He'll fill in the gaps if you give Him something to work with.  By not writing for so long, I have withheld what He gifted me to do.  I haven't given Him my words to perfect.  Are you holding something back because it isn't "just right."  Let it go, sister.  It's not going to be perfect until it's out of your hands.  
I'm a mom.  No, I don't like play dates (Seriously, just the term.  It creeps me out.), but that doesn't mean I don't love Brynna's face when we play dollhouse. I don't have as much time as I want (Do you?  If you've discovered a secret and you are holding out, that's not cool. Not cool.).  But I have the time I have.  God said it's enough, so it must be exactly the amount I need.  The question now is what I'll do with it.

It won't be perfect, but I will write.
...more tomorrow or I'll be late for gymnastics pick up.  (See, I said I was working on the late thing...)

No comments:

ShareThis