Aug 25, 2012

A Day In The Life of a Toddler

7:56am
David and I both woke up at the same time (kind of odd) and felt like someone was staring at us. We were right.  Brynna was peeking through a crack in the door. (Creeeepy!)

8:03am
David and BG went to have breakfast. I took everything I could find in the medicine cabinet since my head still feels like a balloon filled with snot. (Too much?  Sorry.)

8:37am
Brynna "helped" David prepare the steaks and food we are cooking for friends coming over tonight. "Helping"included pulling the outer layer off of one ear of corn, deciding that was gross and working a puzzle in the middle of the kitchen floor.

9:11am
Brynna "helped" me change the sheets on all the beds. In this instance "helping" meant jumping on the bed in between each stage of the process because she needed to "fluff the bed and make sure it worked." (I don't want to venture even a guess as to what work a bed is going to do where jumping on it is the test phase.)

10:02am
Brynna "helped" do the laundry. She pushed the buttons as I pointed, poured in the detergent (her all-time favorite task) and added the clothes. Halfway through, in an attempt to ask if that sock was supposed to go in, water somehow was flung 3 feet in every direction.

10:07am
I finish cleaning up the water from the basement.

10:11am
Brynna donned the first princess outfit of the day and chased Miles through the house with her "magic spell." (The magic spell is a princess wand that at any time of day can go from magic stick to sword to pointer. Just steer clear of it. That's my philosophy.)

10:23am
Art project

10:44am
Dollhouse

11:16am
Brynna donned the second princess dress of the day and after playing in the basement with Daddy, got sent upstairs for fighting with bad guys and almost breaking something (I didn't ask) with her magic spell. (Told you. Steer clear.)

12:05pm
Lunch

12:17pm
After I edited the video from her ballet performance yesterday, Brynna sat on the sofa and watched herself on repeat. (The longest single stretch of inactivity since opening her eyes.)

12:58pm
Brynna and I snuggled on my bed to watch Tangled (before you judge me for sitting my child in from the of the television, please re-read the past 5 hours of my life.)

During the movie, which was paused at least 17 times, Brynna donned the third princess dress of the day and started the hunt for Eric. Eric is Ariel's prince in The Little Mermaid, and he is somehow lost in our house. She has searched the linen closet, my closet, under my bed, behind her chair and in my shower. In addition to that thorough search, she's stopped at least 7 times to say, "Oh, Eric, where are you? I'm so so sad to find you." (I can't make this stuff up.)

3:22pm
I'm sitting on my bed, still in my pajamas listening to Brynna in the kitchen begging her daddy to dance. I'm going to find more in the medicine cabinet...

No comments:

ShareThis