Feb 16, 2011

4 Things I Learned in Malaysia


While my sister was living in Malaysia, Brynna and I visited along with my parents. I learned a few things I didn't know before...

1. Traffic laws, lanes and limits are mere suggestions.  I was under the impression that if there are 3 lanes painted on a road, that means you can have 3 lanes of traffic.  That is an incorrect assumption.  You can, in fact, have as many lanes as cars will fit.  And those cars can go any speed they desire, changing “lanes” as often and arbitrarily as they desire.

2. If you drive a motorcycle (or scooter, as would be a better description), you have the right of way.  Period.  You do what you want; you drive where you want.   And you do it with as many people as you can squeeze on your tiny motorized device – 3 grown men, a family of 4.  Whatever.

3. "Tropical climate” in english is translated: wet.

4. You don’t have to famous to be a celebrity.  You just need blonde hair.  My child has been touched more in the past 3 days than her whole life combined.  Her cousins are blonde and are often photographed when walking through the mall.  Adding Brynna to the mix has taken things to a new level.  Not only are there now 3 cute, blonde kids, but they go everywhere holding hands and one of them is super blonde.  Lunch today involved pictures being taken with the kids, questions and of course lots and lots of touching.  As they walk by, hands come at them from every direction.  (Thankfully, I have only been stared at thus far.  And for everyone’s safety, that’s probably best.) 

1 comment:

David said...

SO glad to hear you are having fun. It sounds like Zoe has a lot of reason to Purrell with all the touching which I am sure she enjoys.

ShareThis