Feb 17, 2011

I'm going to miss this...

Keeping up with Brynna is a full-time job. When she's with her cousins, it can be downright exhausting! We are visiting my sister in Malaysia, and my dad has reminded us that while it might be hard, these years with our kids when they are little are not forever. One day (sooner than we'd like), we will look back and wish again for the days of silly faces and giggles. And living on separate sides of the world means cherishing the times we have together when we have them.

Each time Vikki or I sigh (or huff and puff) from chasing our tiny tornadoes, my dad smiles like only a grandpa can in the midst of chaos and starts singing the chorus of a popular country song:
You’re gonna miss this
You’re gonna want this back
You’re gonna wish these days
Hadn’t gone by so fast

These are some good times.
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you’re gonna miss this

And he's right. 


Each time Brynna hears Vikki or I say "Daddy" she looks around and starts searching for her own daddy.  (They are all still very confused by the fact that Papa is also a daddy.)  Yesterday in the car she spent about 10 minutes waving and cheering, "Hi Daddy!  Daddy, hi!"  And just when I was about to say how I wished she would be a little quieter, I thought...I'm going to miss this.


The "Not So Twins," as we call BG and AJ, couldn't be more different.  At the science museum, they found these ramps.  They are set up to race and that's exactly what Brynna wanted to do.  But AJ was just as content to chase the golf balls and bring them back to BG.  They did this so long we finally let them race one last time and had to move on.  I was so sick of standing in that one spot watching those same golf balls but then I realized how much fun they were having doing something so simple.  And I thought...I'm going to miss this.  
(Yaya and Papa did not share my impatience.  They would have stood there for hours holding those two if that's what they wanted.)  :) 


If you have one, you better have three.  Three books, three toys, three race cars.  Zoe hadn't gotten to her car in this picture, but believe me it's an all-out fight if we unfortunately end up in a situation where someone has to wait (or Heaven-forbid) have something different than the others.  The constant love-hate battles can wear a person down.  But just when the bickering reaches new decibels, one of them starts giggling and the others follow suit.  And you can't help but think...I'm going to miss this.


Hugs can be deadly and holding hands sometimes ends in a skinned knee or two.  But these three love each other with all their little selves.  And even when they are falling all over each other, even I can admit...I'm going to mis this.


Monkey-see, monkey-do.  What one does, they all must do.  And when we have to go home and won't get to see each other for several more months, I know without question...I'm going to miss this.


They refused to look at the camera.  All of them.  When they want to, they band together in their own little militia.  I honestly think they could rule the world with the bat of an eyelash, the flip of a pigtail and a grin that melts even the toughest cynic.  

Even when they drive me nuts, I know...these are some good times.  I'm going to miss this.

2 comments:

David said...

Great PICS, can't wait to see you guys soon!!

David said...

Looking at the PICS again and wish I was there.

ShareThis