Apr 27, 2012

Angry Birds

I love the sounds of birds - especially in the morning.  It sounds like spring; it lulls me into thinking it will be a beautiful, sunny day regardless of how many clouds I see.  It makes me want to open the windows, sit on the porch and drink a glass of iced tea.  (Oh, who am I kidding?  It'd be a Dr. Pepper.  Just go with the imagery!)

So this is my question: If birds can wake up so chirpy and melodious, why does my child wake up pissed at the world?  Seriously?  What happened in the 37 seconds you've been awake that was so devastating you have to scream so the neighbors can hear?  I'm all for enjoying your sleep.  I don't wake up real chirpy either.  But the angry, crying fit...?  I don't get it.

Nor do I like it.

Ah, the life of a mom...

No comments:

ShareThis