Jan 14, 2010

Can you wear white?

Today was White Day at Brynna's school. We got an email from the preschool director and everything. All the kids were asked to wear white, and the older kids were learning about popcorn in their lessons. I immediately had a flashback to a dozen Homecoming weeks in jr. high and high school where I traipsed off to school with mismatched clothes, pajamas or worse. Then - even scarier - I had a flashFORWARD. I envisioned watching a 15-year-old Brynna walk out the door in bell bottoms dressed for 70's day. I will love that day when I get to help BG dress up. And I love this day, too. So while she's only 10 months old, I figured we'd throw caution to the wind and go big. Afterall, if you're gonna go - go big or don't go.

The only white thing I could find in her closet was a romper with shorts and short-sleeves. So we did the romper with a long-sleeved shirt underneath and white tights. Not forgetting the most important piece of all, we added white tennis shoes. She may have been the cutest thing ever. We got to school and another little girl was already in class - dressed head to toe in a pink leopard jump suit. Guess her mom didn't get nostalgic. So off I went to take on the day, and off Brynna went to turn those white tights brown.

I'm not sure if you remember (or have met me) but I tend to make up competitions that don't exist. So of course, I needed to see who won White Day. I walked in to school ready to size up the kids as they left to see who might possibly have gotten close to wearing as much white as BG. To my disappointment, NO ONE WAS WEARING WHITE! Everyone looked totally normal.

I'm not sure if they just didn't participate or what happened, but it may have been the funniest thing ever. Good thing it wasn't Dress Like Your Favorite Animal Day. Poor Brynna would have been the only kid at preschool dressed as a bear!

2 comments:

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

lol...this cracked me up!!

DivaDr175 said...

Yay!! Our Brynna Grace won. Go girl. =)

ShareThis